Date: Thursday, June 9, 2022
Time: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Live via Zoom
ACPE Credit: Accredited for 1.0 contact hour (see below for instructions on how to claim credit)
PGY2- Pediatric Pharmacy Resident
Loma Linda University
Dr. Krishna Daiya is currently a PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy Resident. She was born and raised in Queens, New York. She graduated from the Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences with her PharmD. Dr. Daiya then completed her PGY1 pharmacy practice residency at NYU Langone Hospital. She is excited to explore various pediatric subspecialties at Loma Linda University. Outside of pharmacy, she enjoys going on hikes, trying new recipes, and being with friends.
Upon successful completion of this application-based course pharmacists should be able to:
Describe appropriate screening tools to assess pain, sedation, delirium, and withdrawal in pediatric patients
Evaluate the role of intravenous opioids for management of pain and sedation
Select appropriate sedatives and analgesic agents given patient-specific factors and specify monitoring parameters for safety and efficacy
Discuss pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic methods of minimizing ICU delirium
Describe the clinical application of the 2022 PANDEM guidelines to pediatric ICU patients
Claim your CPE Credit
To obtain 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU), participants must participate in the live activities, and logon to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation.
- Go to https://learn.ceimpact.com and login to CEImpact
- If you are new to the site, click on Create an account before logging in.
- Enter the course code (provided at the end of the lecture) in the text box on the left of the screen and click Submit.
- Click on My Courses (on the left of the screen) to locate the course.
- Click on the course title to access the course.
- Complete the exam and evaluation as prompted and click Submit.
- The course will move to the Completed tab under My Courses.
- The CPE Statement of Credit will be available on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-22-217-L08-P | 0.1 CEUs/1.0 Hrs.
Live Date: June 9, 2022
Live Expiration: July 9, 2022
Faculty Disclosure: Krishna Daiya has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Activity Format: Live
Financial Support: None
Course Fee: None