What’s New in 2022? Updates in Heart Failure Pharmacotherapy
Date: Thursday, December 1, 2022
Time: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Live via Zoom
ACPE Credit: Accredited for 1.0 contact hour (see below for instructions on how to claim credit)
Kirsten Vyhmeister, PharmD, MA
PGY2 Cardiology Pharmacy Resident
Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy
Dr. Vyhmeister was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. She completed a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology at Willamette University in Salem, Oregon. She then went on to complete a dual degree Doctor of Pharmacy and Master of Arts in Bioethics program, as well as a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency at Loma Linda University. Her professional interests include internal medicine, cardiology, and academia. For fun, she enjoys reading mystery novels and non-fiction, hiking, painting, playing intramural sports, and learning guitar.
Upon successful completion of this application-based course pharmacists should be able to:
Summarize key pharmacological updates from the 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guideline for Management of Heart Failure
Compare and contrast treatment strategies for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF), mid-range ejection fraction (HFmrEF), reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF), and improved ejection fraction (HFimpEF)
Identify recently published literature and key findings related to pharmacotherapy management in heart failure
Assess heart failure pharmacotherapy regimens for optimization of morbidity and mortality benefits as well as economic value based on the 2022 guideline update
Identify opportunities for pharmacists to support optimization of guideline-directed medical therapy in heart failure
Claim your CPE Credit
To obtain 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU), participants must participate in the live activities, and logon to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation.
- Go to https://learn.ceimpact.com and login to CEImpact
- If you are new to the site, click on Create an account before logging in.
- Enter the course code (provided at the end of the lecture) in the text box on the left of the screen and click Submit.
- Click on My Courses (on the left of the screen) to locate the course.
- Click on the course title to access the course.
- Complete the exam and evaluation as prompted and click Submit.
- The course will move to the Completed tab under My Courses.
- The CPE Statement of Credit will be available on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-22-403-L01-P | 0.1 CEUs/1.0 Hrs.
Live Date: December 1, 2022
Live Expiration: December 31, 2022
Faculty Disclosure: Faculty members have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Format: Live
Financial Support: None
Course Fee: None