Paul Phan, PharmD
PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident
Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy
Sharon Jung, PharmD, BCCCP
SICU Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Loma Linda University Health
Pain associated with trauma patients can be complex, necessitating an appropriate pharmacotherapy regimen in order to provide enough analgesic effect. Opioids are commonly utilized within the inpatient setting to provide significant pain relief in trauma patients. However, with the rising concerns of the opioid crisis and adverse effects associated with high doses of opioids, the utilization of a multi- modal pain regimen has become more favorable due to the decreased need of opioids while provide appropriate analgesic effects within trauma patients. This course will discuss the concept of a multi- model pain regimens and the different agents that can be used to optimize pain control within trauma ICU patients.
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based course pharmacists should be able to:
- Describe the multimodal pain regimen and its impact on trauma ICU patients
- Discuss the pharmacologic agents for pain management and considerations associated with trauma patients
- Describe limitations associated with pain management
- State the considerations for a patient-specific multimodal pain regimen in a trauma ICU patient
Claim your CPE Credit
To obtain 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU), participants must participate in the live activities, and log on to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation.
- Click on https://learn.ceimpact.com and login to CEImpact.
- If you are new to the site, click on Create an account before logging in.
- Enter the course code (provided at the end of the lecture) in the text box on the left of the screen and click Submit.
- Click on My Courses (on the left of the screen) to locate the course.
- Click on the course title to access the course.
- Complete the exam (2 opportunities provided) and evaluation as prompted and click Submit.
- The course will move to the Completed tab under My Courses.
- The CPE Statement of Credit will be available on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-23-056-L08-P | 0.1 CEUs/1.0 Hrs.
Live Date: February 9, 2023
Faculty Disclosure: The presenter(s) has/have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Format: Live, In-Person
Financial Support: None
Course Fee: This course is available at no cost.