Date: Tuesday, December 21, 2021
Time: 2:30 p.m.
Location: Live via Zoom
ACPE Credit: Accredited for 1.0 contact hour (see below for instructions on how to claim credit)
Erinn Fung, PharmD
PGY-2 Cardiology Resident, Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy
Dr. Erinn Fung was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona. She completed her Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience and Cognitive Science with an emphasis in neurobiology at the University of Arizona, and completed her Doctor of Pharmacy degree at the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy. She completed her PGY-1 at Loma Linda University and is staying on for another year to pursue her passion in cardiology. Her clinical interests include: heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, and atrial fibrillation. In her free time, she enjoys reading, trying new foods, spending time with her family, watching anime, going to concerts, and karaoke-ing.
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based course pharmacists should be able to:
- Interpret the studies included in the 2021 update to the 2017 American College of Cardiology (ACC) expert consensus decision pathway for optimization of treatment in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF)
- Compare and contrast the new recommendations from the 2021 update with the 2017 guideline update for HFrEF
- Assess the appropriateness of drug regimens based on the updated guideline directed medical therapy for patients with HFrEF
- Implement medication regimens to optimize drug therapies for patients with HFrEF
- Recognize the potential role of sodium glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors (SGLT-2i) for mortality and morbidity benefit in patients with HFrEF
Claim your CPE Credit
To obtain 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU), participants must participate in the live activities, and logon to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation.
- Go to https://learn.ceimpact.com
- If you are new to the site, click on Create an account before logging in.
- Enter the course code (provided at the end of the lecture) in the text box on the left of the screen and click Submit.
- Click on My Courses (on the left of the screen) to locate the course.
- Click on the course title to access the course.
- Complete the exam and evaluation as prompted and click Submit.
- The course will move to the Completed tab under My Courses.
- The CPE Statement of Credit will be available on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-21-359-L01-P | 0.1 CEUs/1.0 Hrs.
Live Date: December 21st ,2021
Live Expiration: January 22nd, 2022
Faculty Disclosure: Erinn Fung does not report any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this continuing pharmacy education course.
Activity Format: Live
Financial Support: None
Course Fee: None