DATE: Sunday, November 14, 2021
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Live in-person and online via Zoom
ACPE CREDIT: Accredited for 1.0 contact hour (see below for instructions on how to claim credit)
Emily Hollinghurst, PharmD, BCOP, APh
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Emily Hollinghurst is a Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist who specializes in oral oncolytics at LLU Home Delivery (Specialty) Pharmacy. She received her Doctor of Pharmacy from Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy in 2012. Dr. Hollinghurst completed her PGY1 pharmacy residency and PGY2 oncology pharmacy residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center. She obtained her advanced practice pharmacist license in 2018. In addition to her current duties as a full-time clinical pharmacist, she precepts pharmacy residents and students, and teaches Advanced Pharmacology to Nurse Practitioner students at California Baptist University in the College of Nursing.
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based course pharmacists should be able to:
- Identify common side effects associated with recently approved oral oncolytic agents.
- Design supportive care plans to manage and/or prevent adverse effects of the agents discussed in this activity.
- Recommend laboratory and/or medical tests required for safe and effective management of the agents discussed.
- Discuss key adverse effects and monitoring parameters with patients prior to and during therapy.
- Support other healthcare providers in the management of patients utilizing the oral oncolytics discussed in this activity.
Claim your CPE Credit
To obtain 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU), participants must participate in the live activities, and logon to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation.
- Click on https://learn.ceimpact.com and log in to CEImpact.
- If you are new to the site, click on Create an account before logging in.
- Enter the course code (provided at the end of the lecture) in the text box on the left of the screen and click Submit.
- Click on My Courses (on the left of the screen) to locate the course.
- Click on the course title to access the course.
- Complete the exam and evaluation as prompted and click Submit.
- The course will move to the Completed tab under My Courses.
- The CPE Statement of Credit will be available on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-21-352-L01-P | 0.1 CEUs/1.0 Hrs.
Live Date: November 14th ,2021
Live Expiration: December 14th, 2021
Faculty Disclosure: Dr. Hollinghurst does not report any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this continuing pharmacy education course.
Activity Format: Live
Financial Support: None
Activity Fee: None