Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022
Time: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Live via Zoom
ACPE Credit: Accredited for 1.0 contact hour (see below for instructions on how to claim credit)
Jerald Varona, PharmD
PGY-1 Pharmacy Resident, Loma Linda University Health
Dr. Jerald Varona was born in Los Angeles, CA and raised in Chino Hills, CA. He completed his Bachelor of Science in Pharmacological Chemistry at the University of California, San Diego. He then went on to complete his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Western University of Health Sciences. His current clinical interests include infectious disease and anticoagulation. Outside of pharmacy he enjoys tennis, dance, exploring new restaurants, and going to concerts.
Upon successful completion of this application-based course pharmacists should be able to:
- Discuss the role of 2-drug HIV antiretroviral (ARV) regimens in the latest June 2021 update of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Adults and Adolescents Living with HIV.
- Review evidence demonstrating the efficacy and safety of 2-drug HIV antiretroviral regimens
- Compare and contrast the use of 2-drug versus 3-drug antiretroviral regimens for the treatment of HIV infection.
- Compare and contrast the use of 2-drug HIV regimen options for both treatment-naive and treatment-experienced patients.
- Assess clinical scenarios to determine whether a patient is a candidate for HIV treatment with a 2-drug antiretroviral regimen.
Claim your CPE Credit
To obtain 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU), participants must participate in the live activities, and logon to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation.
- Go to https://learn.ceimpact.com and login to CEImpact
- If you are new to the site, click on Create an account before logging in.
- Enter the course code (provided at the end of the lecture) in the text box on the left of the screen and click Submit.
- Click on My Courses (on the left of the screen) to locate the course.
- Click on the course title to access the course.
- Complete the exam and evaluation as prompted and click Submit.
- The course will move to the Completed tab under My Courses.
- The CPE Statement of Credit will be available on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-22-131-L02-P | 0.1 CEUs/1.0 Hrs.
Live Date: March 24, 2022
Live Expiration: April 23, 2022
Faculty Disclosure: Jerald Varona does not report any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this continuing pharmacy education course.
Financial Support: None
Course Fee: None