The mission of Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy is to educate competent and compassionate pharmacists who are dedicated to whole person care as integral members of a healthcare team. We pursue excellence in teaching, service, research and clinical care in honor of Jesus Christ.
To Continue the Teaching and Healing Ministry of Jesus Christ
Our Core Values
The School of Pharmacy faculty and staff affirm that the overarching Loma Linda University Core Values are the foundation of the work we do within the school.
Value Definition: Reflects the love of God with respect, mercy and empathy
- Listens to others with kindness and concern
- Consistently treats others with courtesy
- Encourages an environment that is inclusive
- Anticipates and responds to the needs and suffering of others
Value Definition: Exceeds expectations with effectiveness, reliability and efficiency
- Carefully analyzes and balances all aspects of each decision
- Establishes high standards for exceptional Mission-Focused Learning and quality health care
- Participates in education and clinical care that is evidence-based
- Takes all necessary measures to ensure personal and collective safe practices
Value Definition: Puts self-importance aside for the greater good of others
- Relates to others with selfless caring
- Learns from teachable moments
- Treats everyone with thoughtfulness and patience
- Lives life with a commitment to service
Value Definition: Carries out actions with honesty and trustworthiness
- Builds dependability through honest communication wtih others
- Respects personal and academic freedom
- Follows through on commitments
- Holds self and others accountable for actions
Value Definition: Commits to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Considers how one's actions will affect others and the environment around them
- Calls out actions that are in conflict with our values
- Supports efforts to remove systemic barriers
- Protects the dignity and worth of all individuals
- Works toward quality healthcare access for all
Value Definition: Collaborates to achieve a shared purpose
- Recognizes, understands and celebrates the unique strengths of all team members
- Shares knowledge and learning opportunities for team growth
- Recognizes the contributions of others and affirms their successes
- Participates willingly whenever needs arise
Value Definition: Loved by God, growing in health, living with purpose in community
- Supports the spiritual value of faith-based education and health care
- Demonstrates a positive, peaceful and hopeful attitude
- Promotes Christ's healing ministry through prayer, positive relationships and a healthy lifestyle
- Lives a life that is morally sound and moderate in all things
The goals of the Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy are to:
- Develop graduates who possess the leadership and critical thinking skills to innovate and influence the dynamic field of healthcare.
- Enhance student engagement in reciprocal and sustainable relationships with local and global communities.
- Develop students, faculty, and alumni who are accountable and responsible for patient drug therapy outcomes.
- Develop graduates who demonstrate mastery of social intelligence (SI) and emotional intelligence (EI).
- Develop a unique community of individuals who demonstrate excellence in providing whole person care.
- Engage students and faculty in collaborative teaching, scholarship, service, and patient care.