Open House 2016*
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Welcome to the Loma Linda University Pharmacy Residency Program. Below you will find helpful information regarding the residency program and information about Loma Linda University along with general employment information.
Your Period of Appointment will be fiscal year July 1 through June 30.
- Post Graduate Year One (PGY1) – Community Pharmacy Practice
- Post Graduate Year One (PGY1) – General Practice
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Cardiology
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Critical Care
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Informatics
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Internal Medicine
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Medication-Use Safety
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Oncology
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Pediatrics
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Pharmacy Administration
- Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) – Transitions of Care
- Pharmacy Fellowship Program – Infectious Diseases
About Loma Linda University
Loma Linda University is a Seventh-day Adventist educational health sciences institution with more than 4,500 students located in Southern California. Eight schools compromise the University organization, with more than 55 programs offered including Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Public Health, Religion, and Science & Technology.
The Pharmacy Residency Programs and Fellowships at Loma Linda University are under a joint collaboration between Loma Linda University Medical Center and Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy.
The Mission of Loma Linda University Medical Center is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, “to make man whole,” in a setting of advancing medical science and to provide a stimulating clinical and research environment for the education of physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other health care professionals. The original Sanitarium building opened in 1905. The current University Medical Center opened in 1967, and after the Children’s Hospital was built in 1993, the total capacity nears 900 beds. In addition, Loma Linda University Medical Center has several affiliated institutions nearby including Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus, Behavioral Medicine Center, and Heart and Surgical Center. The Medical Center operates some of the largest clinical programs in the United States in areas such as neonatal care and outpatient surgery. It is also recognized as the international leader in infant heart transplantation and proton treatment centers for cancer. Each year, the institution admits more than 33,000 inpatients and serves roughly half a million outpatients.
- Loma Linda University's PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and PGY2 Cardiology, Critical Care, Pediatrics, and Oncology programs are fully accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).
- The residents will develop the knowledge, attitude, and skills necessary to become an advanced pharmaceutical care practitioner. The program is structured to suit the individual needs of the resident and to provide an environment of quality training and pharmaceutical care.
- The PGY1 program offers residents more than a dozen choices for their four elective rotations. With rotations such as pediatrics, oncology, transplant, and emergency medicine, Loma Linda University is able to provide the resident with an engaging and diverse year of clinical experiences.
- With a growing number of PGY2 programs, Loma Linda University is dedicated to the necessary training of competent, clinical pharmacists in specialized areas.
Featured Residency News Stories
Opportunities Beyond the PharmD
Pharmacy residency programs - the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and career paths, opens a world of oportunities.
Loma Linda Univeristy Pharmacy Residency Program: A Course of Growth
Residency program sees growth as both professional and organizational.
Teaching Certificate Program a Valuable Experience for a PharmD
Teaching certificate program offers a valuable learning experience during this time of growth within the academic pharmacy profession.
Loma Linda University Medical Center Ranked #1 in the Inland Empire
School of Pharmacy students and residents benefit from "high performing" medical center.