DATE: Wednesday, June 9, 2021
TIME: 2:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Live via Zoom
ACPE CREDIT: Accredited for 1.0 contact hour (see below for instructions on how to claim credit)
David Silva, PharmD, BCPS
PGY-2 Cardiology Pharmacy Resident
Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based course pharmacists should be able to:
- Explain the pathophysiological and therapeutic rationale for combining anticoagulant and antiplatelet therapies in select conditions
- Differentiate methods of adverse cardiovascular event and bleeding risk assessments in patients indicated for antithrombotic therapies
- Appraise current literature on the comparative risks and benefits associated with triple and dual antithrombotic therapy
- Develop individualized, evidence-based treatment recommendations for the management of patients receiving triple or dual antithrombotic therapy
- Implement strategies to reduce bleeding risk associated with antithrombotic therapies
Claim your CPE Credit
To obtain 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU), participants must participate in the live activities, and logon to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation.
- Click on https://learn.ceimpact.com and log in to CEImpact.
- If you are new to the site, click on Create an account before logging in.
- Enter the course code (provided at the end of the lecture) in the text box on the left of the screen and click Submit.
- Click on My Courses (on the left of the screen) to locate the course.
- Click on the course title to access the course.
- Complete the exam and evaluation as prompted and click Submit.
- The course will move to the Completed tab under My Courses.
- The CPE Statement of Credit will be available on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-21-193-L01-P | 0.1 CEUs/1.0 Hrs.
Live Date: June 9th, 2021
Live Expiration: July 8th, 2021
Faculty Disclosure: Dr. Silva does not report any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this continuing pharmacy education course.
Activity Format: Live
Financial Support: None
Activity Fee: This course is available for free.