DATE: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
TIME: 2:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Live via Zoom
ACPE CREDIT: Accredited for 1.0 contact hour (see below for instructions on how to claim credit)
Victoria Kobata, PharmD
PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident
Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based course pharmacists should be able to:
- Review the epidemiology of multidrug resistance in gram-negative bacteria in the United States.
- Describe the mechanisms of resistance for extended-spectrum β-lactamase (ESBL-E) and carbapenem-resistant Enterobacterales (CRE).
- Discuss the 2020 IDSA Antimicrobial Resistant Treatment Guidance for ESBL-E and CRE.
- Determine optimal treatment options for ESBL-E and CRE by assessing the primary literature.
- Identify novel therapy for management of multidrug-resistant gram-negative infections.
Claim your CPE Credit
To obtain 1.0 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU), participants must participate in the live activities, and logon to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation.
- Click on https://learn.ceimpact.com and log in to CEImpact.
- If you are new to the site, click on Create an account before logging in.
- Enter the course code (provided at the end of the lecture) in the text box on the left of the screen and click Submit.
- Click on My Courses (on the left of the screen) to locate the course.
- Click on the course title to access the course.
- Complete the exam and evaluation as prompted and click Submit.
- The course will move to the Completed tab under My Courses.
- The CPE Statement of Credit will be available on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-21-150-L04-P | 0.1 CEUs/1.0 Hrs.
Live Date: April 14th, 2021
Live Expiration: May 14th, 2021
Faculty Disclosure: Victoria Kobata does not report any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this continuing pharmacy education course.
Activity Format: Live
Financial Support: None
Activity Fee: This course is available for free.